Saturday 19 July 2008

More Pics from the first 4 weeks



Sunset looking back to Petrozavodsk


Peter the great saying "build me a city here to supply metal goods to St Petersburg, oh hello what do you do, have you done it a long time, really... and other royal things"




The trees at the front of my flat which is why I cant give you a better picture




Look closely - its the Russian Standard Bank, the same name brand and logo as the popular brand of vodka. Is it just me or would you refuse to invest your money in the Old Peculiar building society





No its not Kizhi - I went to an exhibition about a local man who has built a full scale version of the above near St Petersburg, I understand he has also built something (possibly with a viking theme) near Blackpool but I couldnt work out what.










The boat / hydrofoil to Kizhi




No comments: