Monday 23 June 2008

Food

Quick update on the food front my Chicken Rogan Josh didnt go down well with the hosts the previous weekend so I introduced them to the full english breafast the weekend just gone. I think the combination of high salt and fat is more suited to the Russian palate as it got the thumbs up. They only seem to sell the streak of the bacon - not the bit you actually want to eat.

I know Andy will want me to mention the football - and yes people were celebrating allthrough Sunday and are looking bleary eyed today.

I have been eating out plenty and have found both a nice Georgian and a nice Azerbaijany resteraunt. The food is not so far removed from an Indian but the resteraunts themselves are quite weird. They seem to want to recreate a village in the caucauses so I ate my meal yesterday next to a real Bear skin quite near the waterfall with the staff in strange costume. The waterfall is about 12 foot high 12foot wide and maybe 6 foot deep - why exactly fitting this into the resteraunt instead of more tables seemed like a good idea to the owner I dont know.

Sorry cant upload pictures yet - but some good ones in the camera.

No comments: