Wednesday 25 June 2008

Advice for Visitors

I have just seen whats going on in Britain according to the BBC website and it seems to consist of death, tennis and Big Brother, so thank goodness I am here. Their is something of a wimbledon effect in Russia att the moment. For a fortnight each summer the parks in Huddersfield are crowded with people playing tennis - the other 50 weeks they are empty. Their seem to be a lot of people playing football in Russia at the moment.

I visited the familly who hosted the previous party for a second time last night, their was endless very nice food (thank you again if you are reading this) and offers of Vodka. But if I can reccomend all visitors of two things;

Firstly learn to say 'tchut tchut' (meaning something like 'a little') ready for when your host offers you vodka and secondly take some vitimin B tablets for a while before you set off. This corner of Russia is full of breathtaking scenery full of lakes and forrests - as you will see when I manage to upload some photos. Unfortunately the one thing that loves lakes and forests even more than I do is the Mosquito and if you havnt taken your vitamin B they also love you.

I now have several wounds around my body which take a while to heal and when I go outdoors I get some more. I have some more interesting stuff to say once I can show you the photo's but thats all for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as though you are well fed, which will be the most important thing to you.Frustration is setting in waiting for photos.  Concentrate harder.Please can you get me a decent recipe for beetroot soup. (Yes I do know the correct name for it,but cann't spell it,and don't want to insult your hosts.)Mum.

Anonymous said...

Well, for me, no deaths, tennis or Big Brother!

The scenery sound fantastic...

If you can't load pictures to your blog open a Flikr acount and load them their...

We need pictures!!

Unless.....you're not really IN Russia!!