Thursday 7 August 2008

No post for a while

I have been getting on with my studies and in any case life here has pretty much come to seem normal and not worth blogging. Last night I went to a party given by the Korean students of Russian, - great food but as we could only communicate in bad Russian with strong English / Korean accents conversation was a bit lacking.

Anyway my main news is that I have moved house - my previous host spoke no English and after 9 weeks of me the strain was showing, especially when her English speaking daughter has just gone on holiday for 3 weeks. So I have made a switch, I am glad to say my new host Lidia is lovely and seems to be able to understand my Russian (probably she is good at guessing) her flat is lovely and their is a TV in my room so I can watch the olympics - and of course listen to Russian at the same time. The only down point to the new flat is that it is on Ulitsa Dzerzhinskaya at the bottom end of town and like most Russian houses the heating and hot water is supplied communally. Being at the bottom end of town gets you plenty of heat which is good as its getting chilly but if you want to shower, wash the dishes etc you are best doing it beetween one and seven in the morning otherwise the water is cold.

Oh I think she also complained about the council not repairing some tiles around the bath but I hope I only imagined this. No computer at my new home so I am afraid theire will be lots of photos uploaded once I get home, but not before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Dave how are you going? when are you home, and are you looking forward to coming back to UK or has Russia won your heart :o)m x