Friday 15 August 2008

Dont Panic

Nothing much new to report except of course Russia has been at war. First of all I should point out that South Ossetia is about as far away from me as it is from Britain. It has also been interesting for me to watch the TV coverage. Lots of pictures of Russian refugees and little comment about how this whole mess started or what the outside world thinks of it. The other thing you get is various people reporting to Putin / Medveded in televised meetings, you dont have to be a body language expert to see Putins posture as the expression of power - he sits their not moving a muscle except occaisionally to brush some imaginery crumbs of his leg, rarely even blinking while the other person talks, just staring them in the eye.

Have been to a BBQ by the beach with the expat crowd and were planning a trip out into the country on Saturday. I will be leaving Petrozavodsk on Thursday and will be in St Petersburg until I fly home on the 25th. I arrive manchester at about 9.30pm and intend to get back to Huddersfield before the Kabana indian resteraunt shuts for the night.

No comments: