Wednesday 3 September 2008

My final post

Ok time to sum everything up. Firstly I had a great time and made new friends, I would like to do it again but not for a long long time. St Petersburg reeked of wealth and came as quite a shock after Petrozavodsk. I didn't enjoy it as much as I should because I booked into the worlds noisiest youth hostel, hence I couldn't even be bothered taking photos, I will go back sometime later on a holiday to see the Hermitage etc.

Britain seems really quite strange, Leeds especially so purely because their are so many people and they all look so English. I didn't realise that England is the world capital of broken windows and hyperactive attention deficit children but it seems like it is. Russia had some bad points corruption, dodgy plumbing etc but people seemed so much better behaved. Ho hum.

I have been featured in the Huddersfield Examiner. Fame at last, unfortunately the journalist obviously had a particular slant in mind before he interviewed me, hence the headline "Chess player caught in Russian warzone". They even describe where Petrozovodsk is (ie no-where near the bloody war zone) but never mind, it did read quite well.

I may have some photos being sent to me from other students which I will put on the site but I feel I have typed enough.

конец (The End)

No comments: