Thursday 3 July 2008

We have photos



The lake front in Petrozavodsk - its just like Brid on a sunny day

I have loads more pics in my camera but as this is killing my hosts bandwidth allowance I will stop here for now. Will annotate the pictures over the next few days



Dash the daughter of my host installing the new curtains (before they fell down 2 days later)




Its a steam engine





The first set of students depart along with locals going to do their national service (hence the flag)






































The students










Veiw from a bridge in the town center









Kasha












View from Kizh Island (looks better if enlarged)











One of the two main churches on Kizhi













Its chucking it down and I cant get the person to line me up to one side of the church, the boat has just arrived - hence the crowds.















Our boat (hydrofoil) from Petrozavodsk to Kizhi














View from the lake front














2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for steam loco,now try and find some more.Pleased to see some pictures,reminded me of Crime Watch.
Just returned from a nice weekend with Geoff. Made even better that "Lizzie" was going to Bury via Huddersfield. We went to Slaithwaite where she passed by looking splendid,with a certain Mr.Blakemore showing off on the footplate. See what you are missing!!!!!!

Mum.

Anonymous said...

looks like a train to me...
Jonny